The Women’s Ministry exists to connect, grow and encourage women in their relationships with the Lord and with each other (Philippians 1:27b).
Quilting Group, 9 am – 12:00 noon, room 5
Stamping Group, 7-9 pm at Sandy Peinado’s home
Cry Out!, 11:00-11:45 am in the Library, Women’s prayer time for our nation
Fearless Mom, 9:15 – 11:30 am, Room 5, Starts back up in September 2018
* Location is at Faith Church unless otherwise noted. See below for more details about these events.
Feasts of the Bible by Dr. Sam Nadler. God’s redemptive plan is unveiled through the feasts of Israel. Dr. Nadler is your guide through the feasts. Brought up in a traditional Jewish home, Sam came to believe in Jesus as Messiah. He served with Jews for Jesus, Chosen People Ministries, and is now president of Word of Messiah Ministries. Monday Evenings: 6:30 pm & Thursday Mornings: 9:30 am at Faith Church. Registration deadline, February 15th. Cost $7. Contact: Becky Risk (505)730-8101, email@example.com
Mom’s of Faith. Mom’s of Faith exists to encourage moms of all ages with practical Biblical tools to equip and motivate moms to be who God made them to be. This Spring we will be using the book “Parenting: 14 Gospel principals that can radically change your family” by Paul Tripp. Meets Thursdays*, 9:15-11:30 am room 5. Childcare is provided. Cost: $20 supply fee. Contact: Nancy Ledford (505)235-4778, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Binding Up The Brokenhearted (specifically written for women who have had abortions. Contact Julie Zimmerman at (505) 304-2330 or email@example.com
- The Hem of His Garment – This Bible study was written to help women overcome the pain and afflictions of their past. It helps women who have suffered loss, sexual abuse, divorce, rape and other traumas. All of the women who lead this have received healing from God’s Word through this study. Bible Study cost: $25.
*All call contacts are confidential!
*Childcare is available for all Thursday morning Bible studies.
Lord I Need Grace To Make It, by Kay Arthur starts Saturday Mornings, February 2nd. There are times when you all wonder if you’ll make it in life — and if it’s worth even trying. Feelings of unworthiness and guilt over past sins, times of spiritual weakness and inadequacy — the burdens seem overwhelming. Don’t give up! God’s grace is available freely and lavishly for you! If you long for the covering of God’s grace, let Kay Arthur guide you through the Word of God. Discover how to appropriate God’s grace for every situation and every emotion you must face. Contact: Judy Mansfield (808)2693823, firstname.lastname@example.org
Voices…Hearing God in a World of Impostors by Pam Gillespie. In a world of sensational spiritual claims, do you ever wonder when you should listen and when you should run? Jesus warned His disciples in Matthew 24:24 that “false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.” IT’S TIME TO STOP WONDERING and start discovering biblical answers so you can discern and stand firm in these last days. In this study, you’ll examine the Bible for yourself and hear God’s voice throughout the pages of the Old Testament. You’ll also start learning how to identify the source and methods of other voices that seek to destroy. Starts Thursday evening, February 7th at 6:00 pm. Contact: Kim Alessandra (505)507-7119, email@example.com
Women of any age and any skill level are encouraged to fellowship with other women while assembling heartwarming quilts for the Ronald McDonald House, Faith’s Newborn Ministry and others as needs are brought to our attention. Please join us Tuesday mornings , 9 – 11:30 a.m. in room 5. Also, if you knit or crochet, then Ronald McDonald House is always in need of baby hats from preemie to newborn.
Card Making Group
Come and join the card-making fun. No matter your age or ability, there is something for everyone. Meets Tuesday’s 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. at Sandy Peinado’s home.
Contact: Sandy Peinado, (505)892-7414, firstname.lastname@example.org
Join together in the MPR for paper crafting and stamping. Meets the 3rd Saturday of the month from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Bring your own projects to work on and spend time in fellowship. No meetings in November and December.
Contact: Tish Peterson (505)401-7990, email@example.com
Join other women in our Church every Wednesday, in the church library, from 11:00 – 11:45 a.m. as we pray for our Nation.
Contact: Marjorie Romero (505)898-7830, firstname.lastname@example.org
Come join a group of caring women who love to grow through reading. Below is the list of books and dates chosen for 2019.
- May 18, 2019 – What Good is God by Philip Yancy. Yancy speaks on what good is God in the midst of real-life horror, disaster and loss. How does belief actually matter in the lives of those who suffer?
- July 20, 2019 – Kisses From Katie: A Story of Relentless Love & Redemption by Katie Davis. A riveting account of a courageous 18-year old from Nashville who gave up every comfort & convenience to become the adoptive mother to 13 girls in Uganda.
- September 21, 2019 – The Rock, the Road & the Rabbi by Kathie Lee Gifford. A thoughtful exploration of faith where Gifford posits that “religion is nothing without relationship” and continues this theme as she follows the life of Jesus from birth to resurrection.
- November 16, 2019 – A Prayer for Owen Meany by John Irving. A novel that tells the story of John Wheelwright & his best friend, Owen Meany. Owen believes himself to be God’s instrument & sets out to fulfill his fate.
We meet the 3rd Saturday of every other month from 7:30 – 9:30 a.m. To find out more, text Mary Lujan at 505-239-9161 or email her at email@example.com.
We would love to have you join us!
Click here to view a photo gallery of our past events.
Prayer and Connections
If you need prayer, would like to get involved, or want more information, please complete the form below and a member of the women’s ministry team will contact you. Please specify in the “your message” box using keywords “prayer,” “get involved,” or “more information,” or type your own message so that we can put you in contact with the right person.
You may also use this form to sign up for various events, ministry opportunities and service opportunities. See the event descriptions for a keyword to type in the message box.
Your form is submitted to the women’s ministry director, Sue Liljenberg. You may also contact her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.